To achieve the best result selling your home, for a faster sale and absolute best price you need to read our 40 point plan and our 40 steps to get your property sold.
Anyone can try to sell a house by taking standard run-of-the-mill photos, adding basic property details and uploading online. The phone might ring to arrange viewings with hope an offer will be accepted.
At Cooper Adams, our mission is different – we don’t just sell properties. Our job is to maximise the selling price for the owner. Our entire process and business model is set up to achieve just that – meaning the owner is left with more money in their pocket than if they sold with any other agent.
We pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional level of service and carefully select our team to handle every stage of the process for a seamless experience. We take care of it all, from the initial meeting through to the after-care beyond the moving date.
Our many systems and processes are geared purely to achieve top prices in a short time frame with minimum hassle finding you a great buyer or tenant.
No one else offers this.
Here are our - 40 steps to get your property SOLD (for the best price possible)
Anyone can sell a property - the important thing is getting the top price - we can achieve for you many thousands of pounds more than other agents.
1. Signing our agreement will trigger the start of our service. We will help you fill out the Buyer Information Pack. This is a free service we provide to shave weeks off the moving process.
2. Pricing: we will look at competing properties sold and unsold, how yours compares and discuss this with you to make sure you are reassured on pricing. Pricing is a science for us. (Many agents use higher pricing just to get an instruction, with no evidence to back up their opinion). We will look at how your property pricing fits in with portal brackets for maximum impact according to how buyers search. We know that pitching the price slightly too high can end up with a lower selling price taking much longer to achieve.
MAKING YOUR PROPERTY SHINE
3. One of our professionally trained photographers (no extra charge) will be booked to take photos at the best time of the day, helping dress rooms, moving items of furniture if necessary and often taking lifestyle photos.
4. We will also take specialised elevated photographs (no extra charge) showing off more of your property and its surroundings.
5. We will prepare a full free floor plan of your home with full room measurements.
6. We measure your garden; it surprises us why other agents don't.
7. We will prepare a full and comprehensive list of all the benefits of your home.
8. We will organise a Buyer's Information legal Pack so buyers can see more information before making an offer. The legal pack will also cut on average one month off your selling time.
9. We will check the Energy Performance Certificate is valid or arrange a new one with you.
10. Any immediate maintenance issues that may hinder a sale, we can discuss before launching to market. We have our own recommended tradesmen who offer a quality, good value service and we can organise this for you.
11. We find out as much information as we can about the property to answer any questions from buyers, instantly cutting delays.
SPREADING THE WORD
12. We will prepare an engaging write-up of your property with headline grabbing text to maximise click through rates on online advertising. More clicks = more viewings = more offers = choice of offers = better selling price.
13. We will prepare a large-format, magazine-style brochure on your property.
14. You will need to be 100% satisfied with all our sales brochures before we commence any marketing, if not we redo them until you are.
15. We will create a walk round video on your property, people can then view virtually before they take the next step in a personal visit.
16. We will cross-match appropriate buyers to view your home from our extensive database and contact them about your home by telephone, email and text.
17. We will letterbox drop to local residents to try and find a local buyer or a relative or friend they may know wanting this area.
18. We will upload the property to the UK’s top property website, Rightmove as well as our own popular www.cooper-adams.com
SELLING AND VIEWING
19. We will go through our Reservation agreement with you, this legal contract stops buyers pulling out on a whim on the run up to moving day.
20. Our other branches will have your property at their offices and will also be working on your behalf.
21. Ideally a signboard will be erected at the front of the property for maximum exposure, (boards work really well), you may have seen the board when you bought your home.
22. We pay a specialist Facebook ad company to promote your property on social media in a targeted approach.
23. If required, we will get keys cut that will be securely registered and coded.
24. The office team visit will be booked to familiarise themselves with your property.
25. We will discuss with you whether we recommend one-off viewings at times to suit the viewer or an Open House approach (lots of buyers at a time to create a buzz) or a mixture of both.
26. You will be notified of all viewings, every single one of which we will accompany.
27. You will hear from us the day after the viewing with comprehensive feedback.
28. We will provide you with full, written notification of any offers.
OFFER TO COMPLETION
29. A sale is not put into solicitors' hands but kept on hold until you are ready with your onward move. Your buyers will wait for you. All parties will be kept updated at all times.
30. Once we have an offer, we will check the buyer’s position extremely thoroughly, including asking for written proof of their own finances and checking their related sale, as well as any chain behind them, is proceeding. We will negotiate any offer to the full as if it were our own property. Shaun Adams, the company owner, is also consulted on offers to negotiate hard for our seller clients.
31. We recommend our 'Law Society Approved' reservation agreement. This is put in place to stop a seller or buyer withdrawing from the transaction on a whim. We will also help you with solicitor quotes.
32. When a sale is agreed, we will execute all paperwork and liaise with solicitors.
33. Any paperwork, forms or questions you get from your solicitor, please bring it in, or we can pop to you to help fill it in, we are used to doing this, so we don't mind at all.
34. We can help you find your next home, for sale or rental, anywhere in the UK. We can setup updates for you, when properties are new to the market.
35. We also offer free advice (if needed) on your onward purchase. Even if the property is through another agent and you would like us to negotiate on your behalf.
36. While the sale is proceeding we will update you weekly as well as chasing your buyer, mortgage brokers, surveyors and solicitors. This could turn into a daily update on the run-up to the contract exchange.
37. We will help and guide you through the whole process helping with any legal paperwork you receive, booking removals and a list of all that needs to be done, and who to notify when moving.
38. We can organise for the removal company to pack all your items for you, so you don’t have to lift a finger.
39. We will guide you on suitable moving dates to allow as much time as possible between exchange of contracts and completion, reducing any stress.
40. On completion day keys are not released to your buyer until the full monies are lodged with your solicitor.
The list is not exhaustive and will be tailor-made to your requirements with certain items added or removed.