Some of the many things we do when selling a property
Some of the many things we do when selling a property …
- Before we first meet the owner at the property we spend time looking at what similar properties have sold for. We look to see what else is on the market and how long those properties have been available. The property features and condition are noted along with the current demand for that price band. We look at what the economy is doing to property prices, how mortgage availability is affected and how that is affecting buyers' demand. Also we look to see what property you can get for your money in other nearby areas.
- We spend some time with the seller, looking in detail at the property and all its benefits, discussing marketing strategy etc.
- We look into why the seller wants to sell and can offer assistance on the new area they want to move to.
- We discuss the cost of moving and can calculate after the sale and purchase is complete the balance remaining.
- We write a professional and appealing description of the property to make it stand out from the rest.
- We spend a long time on the photographs (inside and outside the property). After taking the photographs we edit and improve them – post production back at our office. Our free photography is as many people have said… “the best bar none”.
- We then enter all the property details into our property database to match with our buyer database.
- Compile a stunning A3 folder 'magazine style' property details.
- Upload the listing to our website, and all the portals, then check them to make sure all of the adverts are correct.
- Create a full format A3 photo window card for our office.
- Draw up a compelling advert for the local newspaper.
- Create a property video to share with all our social media buyers on You Tube, our website, the portals, twitter and facebook amongst others.
- Organise the whole Cooper Adams' team to visit the property to know exactly what we are selling learning the knowledge the owner has about their property.
- We match the property to our buyer database, then contact all the buyers about the property by phone, sms text, email and post.
- We explain to all enquiries who come in or contact us about the property in more detail and why they 'need' to view.
- We then book in viewings for the property, checking with the vendor each time to make sure it is 100% convenient for them.
- We provide viewing staff to show interested buyers around the property answering all questions about the property and local area.
- Every viewing is followed up by phone with each viewer, to obtain constructive feedback and relay back by phone/sms text or email to the seller next day. Many negatives can be overcome with our suggestions and advice.
- When any offers come in we check the whole chain is intact. We check the buyers financial position – we need proof of mortgage lending and if it is cash we need proof of the cash.
- Each offer (after speaking to the owner) is also forwarded by letter.
- We negotiate the offer, working at all time for our client the vendor, over several phone calls to achieve the desired sale price (most times we achieve in excess of the seller's acceptable amount).
- We progress the sale, via phone calls and emails to the vendor, the buyer, mortgage brokers, agents in the chain and the two solicitors at least on a weekly basis.
- We help many sellers with their legal forms and any tricky questions that arise (after all not everyone does this every day).
- Any problems that arise due to the chain or mortgages we will resolve quickly and with least expense to our client the vendor.
- Any survey problems we obtain quotes and liaise with the buyer and seller to reach a result they are both happy with.
- We ease both solicitors to a successful – Exchange of Contracts.
- On Completion day we read the meters, check monies have been received, and then hand over the keys.
- After completion we are always on hand to deal with any problems that may arise or if a new buyer needs advice on using an unusual boiler etc.
That's 28 steps and quite often some are repeated. We don't charge a penny unless it all goes through. Compared to our competitors we offer exceptional value for money with higher offers for our clients!
If you want to experience our 'Award winning service' for selling or letting your property – call us now or email firstname.lastname@example.org