At Cooper Adams, we know if you need to do a job properly there is no point rushing it and cutting corners. Our mantra is to always maximise value for our clients. A precisely calculated launch is designed to focus purely on increasing the value of a property. The preparation is key. Between being instructed, launching and completion we have over 150 tasks, we wouldn't want to bore you with each individual one, but here are the main stages:
1. Signing our agreement will trigger the start of our service.
2. You will need to provide ID for our money laundering checks, this is a legal requirement.
3. Pricing: We will discuss with you the best price to attract the most viewers and achieve the highest selling price.
4. Are you looking locally? If so we can help.
5. We will ask you to start to fill in the legal forms, starting now will save so much time on the sale process.
6. One of our professionally trained photographers (no extra charge) will be booked to take photos at the best time of the day, helping dress rooms, moving items of furniture if necessary and often taking lifestyle photos. We will enhance each and every photo in-house in Photoshop.
7. We will also take specialised elevated photographs (no extra charge) showing off more of your property and its surroundings.
8. We will prepare a full floor plan of your home with full room measurements.
9. We measure your garden; it surprises us why other agents don't.
10. We will prepare a full and comprehensive list of all the benefits of your home.
11. If leasehold we find out the length of lease, ground rent and annual maintenance. If on a private estate, we find out the estate fees.
12. We will check the Energy Performance Certificate is valid or arrange a new one with you.
13. Any immediate maintenance issues that may hinder a sale, we can discuss before launching to market. We have our own recommended tradesmen who offer a quality, good value service and we can organise this for you.
14. We find out as much information as we can about the property to answer any questions from buyers, instantly cutting delays. We prepare an FAQ sheet for potential buyers.
15. We will do a short video presentation outside your home for social media and facebook, this will capture buyers who haven’t started even looking yet.
16. We will prepare an engaging write-up of your property with headline grabbing text to maximise click through rates on online advertising. More clicks = more viewings = more offers = choice of offers = better selling price.
17. We will prepare a large-format, magazine-style brochure on your property.
18. You will need to be 100% satisfied with all our sales brochures before we commence any marketing, if not we redo them until you are.
19. We will prepare all types of advertising for your home including digital and print. All our properties are still advertised in print (around 140,000 prints monthly) – you would be surprised how many people still flick through the local newspapers.
20. We will prepare a window card to advertise your property in our office to passers by.
21. We will cross-match appropriate buyers to view your home from our extensive database and contact them about your home by telephone, email and text.
22. We will letterbox drop to local residents to try and find a local buyer or a relative or friend they may know wanting this area.
23. We will upload the property to the UK’s top property website, Rightmove and the fastest-growing UK property website, OnTheMarket.com as well as our own website cooper-adams.com. Here, our biggest web traffic comes from London buyers.
24. If required, we will get keys cut that will be securely registered and coded.
25. We will try and secure editorials in the local newspaper.
26. Our other branches will have your property at their offices and will also be working on your behalf.
27. A signboard will be erected at the front of the property if requested, for maximum exposure.
28. We will pay a specialist Facebook ad company to promote your property on social media in a targeted approach.
29. The office team visit will be booked to familiarise themselves with your property.
30. We will discuss with you whether we recommend one-off viewings at times to suit the viewer or an Open House approach (lots of buyers at a time to create a buzz) or a mixture of both.
31. You will be notified of all viewings, every single one of which we will accompany.
32. You will hear from us the day after the viewing with comprehensive feedback.
33. We will book with you four weekly reviews with a summary of the marketing so far.
34. We will provide you with full, written notification of any offers.
35. Once we have an offer, we will check the buyer’s position extremely thoroughly, including asking for written proof of their own finances and checking their related sale, as well as any chain behind them, is proceeding. We will negotiate any offer to the full as if it were our own property. Shaun Adams, the company owner, is consulted on every offer to negotiate hard for our seller clients.
36. A sale is not put into solicitors’ hands until you are 100% happy and your onward move is set in stone. Until that happens, your buyers will wait for you. All parties will be kept updated at all times (the solicitor can be put on hold).
37. If you do not have a solicitor, we can obtain quotes for you.
38. Once we have achieved a sale, we will execute all paperwork and liaise with solicitors.
39. Any paperwork, forms or questions you get from your solicitor, please bring it in, or we can pop to you to help fill it in, we are used to doing this, so we don't mind at all.
40. We will meet any contractors your buyer needs to arrange to inspect.
41. We can help you find your next home, for sale or rental, anywhere in the UK. We can setup updates for you, when properties are new to the market.
42. We also offer free advice (if needed) on your onward purchase. Even if the property is through another agent and you would like us to negotiate on your behalf.
43. While the sale is proceeding we will update you weekly as well as chasing your buyer, mortgage brokers, surveyors and the solicitors. This could turn into a daily update on the run-up to the contract exchange.
44. We will help and guide you through the whole process helping with any legal paperwork you receive, booking removals and a list of all that needs to be done, and who to notify when moving.
45. We can organise for the removal company to pack all your items for you, so you don’t have to lift a finger.
46. We will guide you on suitable moving dates to allow as much time as possible between exchange of contracts and completion, reducing any stress.
47. On completion day keys are not released to your buyer until the full monies are lodged with your solicitor.
You will gather from this list we are not your normal agent who take a few photos create a templated brochure, upload online and sit back.
Our list is not exhaustive, there is a lot more ‘behind the scenes’ task involved in the sales journey.
If there are any questions you have please just ask. For most people moving has many questions we are always here to help.