From Wednesday 13th May
The government has removed restrictions around property visits and estate agency offices opening albeit in a very safe and managed way.
We are observing the strict social distancing, we have our clean - protocol in place, PPE at the ready and we’re eager to help people in BN16 get moving. Please follow the 2m distance rules. (Now 1m+)
Safety is paramount and we will follow the Government’s health and safety guidelines thoroughly and ultimately look after the wellbeing of our clients, our team, and our community. It’s great to be back.
COOPER ADAMS – OUR COVID19 HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
We will check on the health of the people working for us. We will have a one-to-one with each member of our team to establish they are ‘healthy’ to return to work and complete a ‘health assessment’ form with each of them.
As part of our morning meeting, we will carry out a daily check-in within our team to ensure no health conditions have changed.
2 OUR PREMISES
We will have prepared our office. We accommodate the two-metre social distancing rule. We will mark out the floor space to allow any customers or visitors to keep to the two metre rule and we will limit the number of visitors to one party of two at any one time. We intend to keep face-to-face contact to a minimum and where possible, our staff will work side-by-side with a minimum two-metre distance between them, rather than facing each other.
Our offices have had a good deep clean, including the kitchen, staff room, toilet, fridge, microwave etc.
We will have a regular cleaning routine throughout the day and notify all staff to vacate when we start the cleaning process. This will include: desks, chair arms, keyboards, mouse, screens, staplers, pens, photocopier controls, drawer handles, phones, mobile phones, key cabinets, filing cabinets and door handles.
We will also encourage staff to wash their hands with hot water and soap more frequently than before and make sure supplies are stocked up in washrooms, along with clean towels.
Our business owners will lead by example and keep social distancing measures in place all the time. This includes when conducting morning meetings, when preparing refreshments, visits to the lavatories and allocating lunch breaks, all of which will be staggered.
This goes against the ‘grain’ for us, but we will keep any face-to-face contact to a minimum and respectfully decline any coffees/refreshments you may be kind enough to offer.
We will explain to you the actions our firm are taking to reduce the risk of spreading Coronavirus – reassuring you is paramount to us.
When we return to our vehicles after each appointment, we will safely dispose of our gloves. We will also wipe any equipment we have used during the visit.
When we arrive back at the office, we will be sure to wash our hands with soap and hot water before we do anything else. We will introduce signs around the office to ensure there are plenty of reminders.
At the end of each day and after our last appointment we will give our steering wheel, gear lever, handbrake, and all controls a wipe down with disinfectant.
Where we receive an instruction to sell a property, we acknowledge that all other aspects of our legal obligations are still in force.
EPCs can continue to be provided if no COVID-19 issues exist and the assessor operates in accordance with Public Health England guidance.
- Some of our homesellers are requesting no viewings at the moment which is totally understandable.
- With all owners’ permissions abiding to all full safety guidelines - we are gradually adding walk around virtual viewings – these videos need to be watched prior to booking any viewing.
- If viewers are permitted – a max of two people together and no children
- We will always carry out the health-check on all viewers intending to visit the property. No one is permitted to do any appointments or meetings if any party is showing symptoms or has been asked to self-isolate before going ahead with any viewing, or visits to offices.
- If your property is being viewed, you should open all the internal doors prior to the viewing, and allow access to handwashing facilities and ideally separate towels/paper towels.
- As most people choose to do, we request that you vacate your property whilst viewings are taking place in order to minimise your contact with those not in your household.
- When viewing a property, all parties should wash their hands and avoid touching surfaces where possible. Agents will ask you to restrict the number of people who accompany you on a viewing so that 2m social distancing can be practised, and only those in your immediate household should be there.
- Agents would have with them a face mask, gloves and disinfectant.
- We will accompany clients on a viewing but follow social distancing rules wherever possible. Where viewings are unaccompanied, agents should make sure viewers and homeowners understand how they should conduct themselves.
- Once the viewing has taken place, the homeowner should ensure surfaces, such as door handles, are cleaned with standard household cleaning products and towels disposed of safely or washed as appropriate.